Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Becher Tycoon 2006 – the best XXL game

Becher Tycoon 2006 is the winner of XXL cathegory in Becherovka Game 2006. The other cathegories are limited to I think 10 MB, in XXL, there can be up to 100 MB and there's no genre limitation. Becher Tycoon 2006 came out of three games as the best, even though I think it's just an average economic strategy.

I played it for a first time after a night spent by partying. I was somewhere between drunk and sick – and BT didn't help me much. Or maybe it did, because after five minutes of playing it, my stomach decided it's time to vomit. Well, it was caused rather by the Becherovka drunk earlier than by the qualities of the game, but I haven't got rid of this sick feeling afterwards.

BT06 is not very appealing. Its visuals are mediocre – I'd much prefer 2D, but nicely drawn isometric graphics than this 3D rendered world with crappy textures. The gameplay is better, more sophisticated than one would expect, you have to provide your factories with necessary resources and get rich by producing, transporting and selling Becherovka. However, the controls are far from perfect and the game gets stereotypical soon.

So the biggest positive is maybe that though I was afraid, writing about BT06 doesn't make me vomit again. So far. So, let's end this quickly. Cheers!

Download (89 MB)
5/10

No comments: