Friday, January 5, 2007

Sydney Finds Employment – for better homeless living!

Well, maybe I expected just too much. I've read excellent istvan's strips with Sydney, a total bum, a small and absolutely disgusting character we find sleeping in a shoe-box at the start of his unusuall adventure. Sydney Finds Employment was one of the AGS games that I really looked forward – and while it's still a very good game, I just can't help myself being a little disappointed. Why?

The story about a homeless guy trying to find some work because of the goverment's "final solution" to mess on the streets is promising. But Sydney Finds Employment is somewhere half on the way to a real satire – but still there are many moments "I see, this probably was supposed to be funny, hey, why I didn't laugh my ass off?" kind.

I can't say much against the pixel art graphics (maybe some rooms could use a little improvement, for example the zoo shop) and music. Also the puzzles are mostly not too difficult and the length of the game is acceptable. I gave SFE 7/10 on Hrej!, which is a really good score. I'd love to give out 8 or even 9, but Sydney just didn't swallow me up enough...

Download (11.5 MB)
7/10

No comments: