Friday, January 5, 2007

Streets of Rage Remake

I admit I've never played the original Streets of Rage. I've never played Renegade, too. But I spent a lot of hours playing Golden Axe - and that's the reason I like fighting games of this type. Streets of Rage Remake is a nice retro one: it has pixel art graphics, stylish backgrounds and tons of well-animated enemies which is a pleasure to beat down.

I've played the one-level betaversion some time before the end of the year. I was amazed by the action-packed gameplay and great presentation, but the whole experience with the game was just too short. Now there's a new 70 MB version, which is almost final build (but still beta) - and I just don't know what to name as a negative. Maybe somewhat dumb enemies? But they're not so bad and they weren't smarter in Golden Axe, either. Sometimes quite hard difficulty? But you need some kind of challenge...

Streets of Rage Remake is just a quality beat'm up game for everyone with just a little weakness for nostalgia...

Download (72 MB)
8/10

No comments: